Below is one of our free research papers on old vs new. If the term paper below is not exactly what you're looking for, you can search our essay database for other topics.
Writing Assignment #1
Here are the topic choices:
• Discuss how the main characters change (or don’t change) in "A Good Man Is Hard to Find.” Do you think the grandmother undergoes a transformation? Do you think the Misfit undergoes a change? What do you think O’Connor is trying to suggest about faith?
• Discuss themes of the Old South vs. New South or resistance to change in “A Rose for Emily.” How does the setting in the story connect with either of these themes?
• Compare the narration used in “Cathedral” with that used in “A Rose for Emily.” What is the point of view and tone of the narrator, and how does it connect to important theme/s in the texts?
The essay should be four pages, and it should include the following:
• six to eight quotes
(It's not necessary to use outside sources for this, but you can if you would like to do so.)
• a strong thesis
• formal language
• an attention-getting introduction and a strong conclusion
• focused paragraphs
It should be in proper MLA format:
• 1 inch margins on all sides, except for the pagination header ½ inch from the top
• indent the first line of each paragraph ½ inch from the left
• indent long quotations (more than 3 lines) 1 inch from the left
• double-spaced throughout, with no extra spaces between any parts
• 11- or 12-point Times New Roman font
You must also follow all MLA rules regarding how to quote literary works, cite and document sources, and avoid plagia...