Below is one of our free research papers on CheckPoint: Psychotherapy. If the term paper below is not exactly what you're looking for, you can search our essay database for other topics.
Biomedical and psychotherapy are two basic approaches to treating psychological disorders. A number of approaches fall under the category of psychotherapy, but they all include the following four essential characteristics:
1. Systematic interaction between a client and a therapist
2. Based on psychological theory and research
3. Influences a client’s thoughts, feelings, and behavior
4. Used in treating disorders, adjustment problems, and to foster personal growth
• Explain, in a 200- to 300-word response, the biomedical approach as well as the psychodynamic, humanistic-existential, behavior, and cognitive approaches to psychotherapy listed in your tex
The psychoanalyst (psychodynamic) would have the patient associate the current feelings with those they felt in childhood. There would be little if no talk about the current situation in a problem solving mode.
B. The Behaviorist would examine the entire process and break it down step by step, thought by thought and the choose which pieces of the process to eliminate. Then by exposing the client to the stimulus in a supported environment they would re-train their brain to have a different response.
C. Humanistic/existential therapist would talk with them about their 'felt experience' of the situation with more detail into the inner thoughts/feelings as they connect to the external. They would direct the client to speak about the fears and take control of their feelings, wrestling them back from the phobia a...